Monday, March 3, 2014

Yikes! Technological Difficulties

Thanks to some great students, I found out my blog posts were not making it from the Ipad onto the Internet for you to view. My appologies! I will work hard to keep this from happening again. 


I would like to start the week off by saying thank you to everyone who was able to help volunteer at the Jog-a-thon on Friday. Great job! Our students did a fabulous job and had an excellent time too. 


Today, we began learning about equations in math and will work on this unit into next week. In writing we have been working on figurative language. During reading we have been studying a story called, "Akiak," which is about a sled dog team running the Iditarod. I would like to bring your attention to the fact that your child has homework Monday-Thursday night. 20 minutes of reading and a math skill worksheet. I encourage readers to read out loud for at least 5-10 minutes of their reading time. This is important for building word reading fluency. 


The secret word this week is, "yikes." Thanks for all that you do, and for reading our classroom blog. My hope is that it encourages conversations about school with your child, all the while keeping you informed and involved in your students life. Thanks!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment